By: Jennifer Wright, DVM, IVCA
The new medroxyprogesterone acetate (MPA, or commonly known as “Depo”) disclosure reporting requirements can be a bit mystifying so here is the quick and easy (effective 9/7/17):
- An MPA Disclosure Form must first be filled out that includes the date and dose of ALL administrations within the previous 90 days.
- Next, an additional MPA Disclosure Form must be filled out for each new administration.
- MPA Disclosure Forms may be filed electronically at https://competitions.usef.org/drugs-medications/mpa-disclosure or printed from the US Equestrian website at https://www.usef.org/compete/resources-forms/rules-regulations/drugs-medications and filed directly at the competition office.
- No definitive time period has been determined for the filing of MPA Disclosure Forms, so continue to file a new form for each administration until further notice.
- No other medications are to be listed on the same form (a separate Medication Report Form should be filed for all other medications).